Assalamualaikum dear Brothers/Sisters and Students at QUT,
We pray that you all are safe, in good health and Iman. We would like to inform you of some help the University is offering to students that are adversely affected by the rains and floods.
Please see below the immediate support available to students via Student Services (updated Fri 4th Mar 2022) and inform others:
- Emergency Financial Assistance: Students can apply online if they are experiencing financial hardship as a result of the flood crisis. They are bursaries of up to $1000. Applications will be reviewed by the Welfare Team and they will get back to the student as soon as possible.
- Emergency Accommodation Assistance: If there are students that have had to be evacuated or they have had to move due to lack of power etc, we are providing emergency accommodation in one of the Purpose Built Student Accommodation (PBSA’s) including Student One and Scape. This also includes assisting them to either return to their home (when safe to do so) or helping them find alternate short and/or long term accommodation. Students can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (07) 3138 2019.
- Food vouchers are also available for students in need via the Welfare team. Students can email email@example.com or call (07) 3138 2019.
- Other support includes: Counselling, Disability support, Welfare, Chaplaincy and settlement support (especially for International Students and those students from regional and remote areas). Bookings can be made here or students can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (07) 3138 2019.
- The Medical Centre also has Mental Health Nurses, as well as GP’s, Nurses and Psychologists. Bookings can be made here or students can email email@example.com or call (07) 3138 2321 for GP; or (07) 3138 3161 for KG.
We pray Allah keeps us all safe and in good Iman and actions, ameen.
Sh. Aslam Hussain (Muslim Chaplain/Imam at QUT)
& Muslim Chaplain’s Volunteer Team