Assalamualaykum Warahmatullah wabarakaatuh everyone!
The month of Ramadan is a blessed month, and a time of the year we all look forward to. Ramadaan begins inshaAllah on either 12th or 13th April next week, pending the moon sighting.
Alhamdu lillah, this year, we will have our teraweeh session at Gardens point and Kelvin Grove. Iftar will only be organised at KG on certain days.
Gardens Point Campus:-
Teraweeh Prayer will be held at GP Musalla (GP GH building room 217).
Isha’ prayer will begin 5 mins after Isha’ Athan. Teraweeh will commence straight after sunnah prayer.
Kelvin Grove Campus:-
Teraweeh prayer will be held at KG Musalla (KG B-104).
Isha’ Prayer will begin at 7pm and teraweeh will commence straight after sunnah prayer.
Prayer places are limited and will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
Conditions of attending the Taraweeh Prayer
1. As part of the COVID-safe plan, all attendees MUST register prior to attending. Please follow the instructions on our registration website https://ramadan.mcatqut.com
2. The website will issue each attendee with a unique QR Code. Please save this QR code in your phone or print a copy of the QR code image. This is a very easy process and is only required to be done once at the beginning of Ramadaan. You can then use this same code throughout Ramadaan, in shaa Allah.
3. When you are coming to each Taraweeh prayer, present the QR code to one of our volunteers to check you in.
4. The Taraweeh spots are limited and are allocated on a first come, first served basis. You can check the number of free spots here https://ramadan.mcatqut.com. (Will be live on first day of Teraweeh)
5. Attendees are obliged to follow current health advice regarding COVID 19 by organisers (Muslim Chaplain’s Team) at all times.
6. The current advices are:
- Please bring your own sajadah for the prayer
- Please wear a mask while you are in the prayer hall.
- Do not hug or shake hands (but do say Salam).
- any current advice from QLD Health or University.
Sadly, due to the unstable COVID situation and strict regulations, there will be no sit down iftaar community dinners.
Instead, we will have prepackaged takeaway food boxes that will be distributed at Mc Caskie park Kelvin Grove for students who are in need of it.
The food distribution will be ONLY on Monday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday.
The number of food boxes is limited and will be distributed to whoever comes first.
To help us cover the costs of the food please donate by bank transfer or online:
InshaAllah you will get a copy of the reward of the fasting person!
Volunteering to help organise the nightly Ramadaan worship is a great experience and holds a huge reward in the Hereafter!
If you would like to become part of the volunteering team please send us your details in the form below. => https://mcatqut.com/be-
QUT Muslim Chaplain’s Team